This website is owned and operated by Sovereign Media Group Limited (“Sovereign”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Sovereign Media Group Limited, 3rd Floor, 11-12 St James Square, London SW1Y 4LB.
What information do we collect?
Information you give us
When you access and use our website (including when you fill in forms on our website) and when you correspond with us, you may give us personal data about you. This personal data may include your name, email address, date of birth, landline and/or mobile telephone number, information about your employment (including your job title, responsibilities and employer’s details) and preferences (e.g. regarding nature of your request), as well as other personal data.
Information we collect about you
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstreams to, on and from our websites; and
- length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive and collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other websites operated by the Sovereign group or from the other services that we provide. We also work closely with third parties such as business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers and search information providers and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
What are cookies and how are they used on our website?
Types of cookies used on our website?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential to enable you to move around the website and to use its features. For example, cookies that enable you to log in to our website.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our website, for instance which pages are viewed most often, and if you or other visitors receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These are cookies that allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your username) and to provide content and features tailored to your interests.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts to you which are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as measuring the effectiveness of the advertising.
The types of cookies described above may be “session cookies” which are temporary cookies that are only stored on your device while you are visiting our website, or “persistent cookies” which are cookies that are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our website.
Third Party Cookies: Some of our third party partners (including advertisers and marketing services companies) may set and access cookies and similar technologies on your computer as well, or we may do so on their behalf. These cookies may provide information to those third parties about your browsing habits and may help them to identify if certain services they provide are being used and to serve advertisements that are more relevant to you.
Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses non-operational cookies, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. At our request, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating how the website is used, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
You can delete cookies by changing your privacy preferences in your Internet browser. You also have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use features of our website that depend on cookies.
To find out more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
|We may use your personal data to:||How do we use personal data for this purpose?||What is the legal basis for us processing your personal data in this way?|
|Provide you with goods and services||We will need to use your personal data where this is necessary for us to perform our obligations under a contract with you, for example where you have purchased services from us.||Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you.|
|Contact you to tell you about our services and goods (provided you have consented to this).||We will need to use your personal data (such as your email address or other contact details) to send you information about services and goods that you may be interested in. Please note we may also share your personal data with other entities in the Sovereign group for this purpose.||We will ask for your consent before processing your personal data in this way.|
|Analyse user traffic to measure use of our websites and to improve the content of our websites and our services||We may sometimes use your personal data (e.g. your IP address) to measure use of our websites and assess the effectiveness of our site pages. We may also use this personal data to improve the content of our websites and services.||It is in our legitimate interest to look at user traffic so that we can improve our websites and better meet your needs.|
|Comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims.||We may sometimes need to process personal data to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject.||It is in our legitimate interests to process personal data for the purposes of exercising and defending legal claims. Processing personal data may also be necessary to ensure compliance with our legal obligations.|
|Process your personal data where this is necessary to keep our website safe and secure.||We may need to process your personal data in order to keep our website safe and secure and protect against illegal or fraudulent activity such as cyber attacks.||It is in our legitimate interests to monitor how our website is used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our website. This helps us to ensure that you can safely use our website.|
The provision of your personal data may be necessary for the purposes of entering into a contract with us or to receive the products and services you request, or may otherwise by voluntary. If you do not wish to provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to: (a) provide the products and services you request, or (b) tell you about other products and services offered by us.
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Service Providers. We will take steps that are reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including, where relevant, entering into EU standard contractual clauses (or equivalent measures) with the party outside the EEA receiving the personal data and you can request further information regarding the agreements we have in place for this purpose by contacting us as set out below (“Contact”).
Security of personal data
We use administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised uses, access or modifications.
However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have procedures and security measures in place to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the following:
- Our service providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide market research, marketing,advertising, communications, training, IT, hosting and other infrastructure and data cleansing and processing services. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal data.
- Third parties permitted by law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal data to the police, or to judicial or administrative authorities).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, which are summarised below:
- Access: You have the right to confirm with us whether your personal data is processed, and if it is, to request access to that personal data including the categories of personal data processed, the purpose of the processing and the recipients or categories of recipients. We do have to take into account the interests of others though, and if you want to request more than one copy we may charge a fee.
- Rectification: You may have the right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you. In particular, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Erasure: You may have the right to ask us to erase personal data concerning you.
- Restriction of processing: In limited circumstances, you may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data.
- Data portability: You may have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity.
- Objection and rights relating to automated decision-making: Under certain circumstances you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data, including profiling, by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. This may include requesting human intervention in relation to an automated decision so that you can express your view and to contest the decision.
- Direct marketing: You have the right to withdraw your consent for receiving direct marketing from us at any time. You can do this for example by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email that we have sent to you, or by contacting us at the details below (please see “Contact” below).
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as at the details below (please see “Contact” below).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your personal data is stored by us and/or our Service Providers, only to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations and only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data is collected, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third party websites
If you have any questions about how we treat your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Sovereign Media Group Limited, 3rd Floor, 11-12 St James Square, London, SW1Y 4LB.